To help users get up and running quickly with their IoT project, there are three Visible Things™ reference-design starter kit boards available, each managed by ARM® Cortex® based microcontrollers.
- A Gateway board, which manages the all the necessary connectivity to the cloud service via Wi-Fi, and a smart sensor board including Bluetooth Smart connectivity and a range of sensors including motion, temperature/humidity and light/proximity. The kit also contains an integrated antenna and a mini-USB cable. A GSM peripheral module with embedded SIM and SIM-connector options is available as an expansion option to the gateway board to enable cellular connectivity up to cloud enterprise software services.
- The second and third kits are designed for use with the SIGFOX and LoRaWAN™ networks, and include respective SIGFOX and LoRaWAN module sensors, with each board also integrating additional motion and light sensors. IoT application messages can be exchanged with the cloud service without the need to communicate via a gateway.
Also available in the Visible Things platform is a mobile app that runs on iOS and Android and provides users with easy access to local hardware configuration and also to support connection to cloud services.
|VT-SK-001-A01||Visible Things Starter Kit||
|VT-SS-001-A01||Bluetooth Smart Sensor||to connect additional sensors to the gateway|
|VT-SS-002-BDB||LoRaWAN Smart Sensor||Includes sensor board with antenna|
|VT-SS-003-A01||SIGFOX Smart Sensor||Includes sensor board with antenna|
|PMOD-COM-019-A01||3G PMOD||Based on Huawei MU709S2|
|PMOD-COM-021-A01||4G PMOD||Based on Huawei ME909|
The Starter Kits are now available in our online store. Click below to order and contact our Visible Things team for more information.
The Gateway Board
The gatway board manages all the necessary connectivity to the cloud service via WiFi. It comes with an antenna and a mini USB cable.
Visible Things Starter Kit Part Number: VT-SK-001-A01Buy now!
Smart Sensor #1: BLE Sensor Board
The smart sensor board including Bluetooth Smart connectivity comes with a range of sensors including motion, temperature, humidity and light / proximity.
Part Number: VT-SS-001-A01Buy now!
Smart Sensor #2: LoRaWAN Sensor Node
The LoRaWAN Smart Sensor together with local sensors is managed by an NXP Cortex M0 microcontroller. Whether a private or public LoRaWAN network is being used, Avnet Silica can support the integration between the network server and a cloud service such as Devicepoint.
Part Number: VT-SS-002-BDBBuy now!
Smart Sensor #3: Sigfox Sensor Node
The Sigfox Smart Sensor together with local sensors is managed by an NXP Cortex M0 microcontroller. Messages are sent directly to a Sigfox server and then Devicepoint™ manages them into the cloud service.
Part Number: VT-SS-003-A01Buy now!
As an expansion to the Gatway board a GSM PMOD is offered with embedded SIM and SIM connector options.
Part Number: PMOD-COM-021-A01 - this 4G PMOD is Based on Huawei ME909.
- Microchip LAN8742 Ethernet PHY
- Microchip RN2483 LoRa WAN module
- NXP MKL26Z128 Low power MCU
- NXP MK20DX128 Emulator (option)
- NXP FXOS8700 Motion Sensor
- NXP PCA9534 I/O Interface
- Silicon Labs BGM111 Bluetooth Smart module with ARM Cortex M4
- Silicon Labs Si7021 Temperature / Humidity Sensor
- STMicroelectronics STM32F7 MCU Series
- STMicroelectronics STMPS2142 USB device