Diodes AH850/1/2/3 – Micropower Linear Hall Effect Sensor with Enable/Control Pin
The AH850/1/2/3 is a family of low power/micropower linear hall effect sensors with output voltage ratiometric to supply and magnetic field sense range of +/-400G for battery powered consumer , home appliances and industrial applications.
The high performance AH8501 and AH8503 have trimmed sensitivity accuracy of 3% with a null voltage offset below 1% of supply voltage.
Designed for a wide range of applications, they are optimized for the supply range of 1.6V to 3.6V consuming only 8.9uA in sleep mode (AH8500/AH8501) and 13uA in micropower mode (AH8502/AH8503).
The sensors have a ESD rating of 6kV for robustness. For system flexibility the enable pin in the AH8500/1 and CNTRL pin on the the AH8502/3 allow operating modes and sampling rate to minimize current consumption. In default modes, the AH8500/1 are in sleep mode while AH8502/3 operate in micropower mode.
The family of sensors are available in the small low profile UDFN2020-6.
- Low Voltage, Low Power Linear Halls – With Micro power Mode
- Supply voltage of 1.6 to 3.6V is ideal for interfacing with ADC
- Typical current consumption of 8.9uA in sleep mode (AH8500/1), 13uA at micro power mode (AH8502/3) and 1.16mA at 7.14kHz sampling rate.
- Supports battery powered consumer/home appliances and industrial applications
- High Sensitivity with High Accuracy (Trimmed) Options
- High accuracy AH8501/3 have a sensitivity of 2.25mV/G and 3.8mV/G at 1.8V and 3V respectively with accuracy of 3% at 25 °C
- AH8500/2: Sensitivity of 2.1mV/G at 1.8V with accuracy of +/-15% at 25 °C
- High Performance, Reliability and Robustness
- Chopper stabilize with internal ADC and DAC architecture with low input referred noise of 0.36G and null voltage offset less than 1% of VDD
- Low temperature coefficient for sensitivity - effect of +/-3% over -40 to 85 °C
- High linearity – Span linearity of 99.9% +B and 100.1% for -B fields at 1.8V
- High ESD of 6kV
- Position and proximity sensing
- Magnetic flux density measurements
- Liquid level sensing
- Valve position sensing
- Multi position button detect
- Smart meters
- Smart phone accessories detect
- Rotary encoder