MAX14827 IO- Link Device Transceiver
The MAX14827 is an IO-Link device transceiver and integrates the high-voltage functions commonly found in industrial sensors, including drivers and regulators. The MAX14827 features two ultra low-power drivers with active reverse-polarity protection. Operation is specified for normal 24V supply voltages up to 60V. Transient protection is simplified due to high voltage tolerance allowing the use of micro TVS.
The device features a flexible control interface. Pin-control logic inputs allow for operation with switching sensors that do not use a microcontroller. For sensors that use a microcontroller, an SPI interface is available with extensive diagnostics. For IO-Link operation, a three-wire UART interface is provided, allowing interfacing to the microcontroller UART. Finally, a multiplexed UART/SPI option allows using one serial microcontroller interface for shared SPI and UART interfaces.
The device includes on-board 3.3V and 5V linear regulators for low-noise analog/logic supply rails. The MAX14827 is available in a (4mm x 4mm) 24-pin TQFN package and a (2.5mm x 2.5mm) 25-pin wafer-level package (WLP) and is specified over the extended -40°C to +125°C temperature range.
- High Configurability and Integration Reduce SKUs IO-Link Compliant Transceiver
- Auxiliary 24V Digital Output and Input
- 2.3Ω (typ) Driver On-Resistance
- Selectable Driver Current: 50mA to 250mA
- SPI or Pin-Control Interface for Configuration and Monitoring
- Multiplexed SPI/UART Interface Option
- 5V and 3.3V Linear Regulators
- Optional External Transistor Supports Higher Regulator Load Capability
- Integrated LED Driver
- Integrated Protection Enables Robust Communication 65V Absolute Maximum Ratings on Interface and Supply Pins Allows for Flexible TVS Protection
- 9V to 60V Specified Operation
- Glitch Filters for Improved Burst Resilience and Noise
- Selectable Over-Current Auto-Retry Timing
- Thermal Shutdown Auto-Retry Cycling
- Hot-Plug Supply Protection up to 36V
- Reverse Polarity Protection of All Sensor Interface Inputs/Outputs
- -40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
- Industrial sensors
- IO-Link sensors and actuators
- Safety applications