MIC45404 - Synchronous input step-down regulator module
MIC45404 is an ultralow profile synchronous step-down regulator module, featuring a unique 2.0 mm maximum height. The module incorporates a DC-to-DC regulator, bootstrap capacitor, high-frequency input capacitor, and an inductor in a single package. The module pinout is optimized to simplify PCB layout process.
This highly-integrated solution expedites system design and improves product time to market. The internal MOSFETs and inductor are optimized to achieve high efficiency at low output voltage. Due to the fully optimized design, MIC45404 can deliver up to 5A current with a wide input voltage range of 4.5V to 19V.
Available in a 54-pin 6mm × 10mm × 2.0mm max QFN package with a junction operating temperature range from –40 ºC to +125 ºC, which makes an excellent solution for systems in which PCB real-estate and height are important limiting factors and air flow is restricted.
- Input voltage range: 4.5V to 19V
- Output current: up to 5A
- 81% peak efficiency at 12Vin, 0.9Vout
- Pin-selectable output voltages: 0.7V, 0.8V, 0.9V, 1.0V, 1.2V, 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V
- ±1% output voltage accuracy
- Supports safe pre-biased start-up
- Pin-selectable current limit
- Pin-selectable switching frequency
- Internal soft-start
- Thermal shutdown
- Hiccup-mode short-circuit protection
- Available in a 54-pin 10mm × 6mm QFN package
- Ultralow profile: 2.0mm maximum height
- –40°C to +125°C junction temperature range
- Data Storage
- Routers and Base Stations
- Applications using FPGAs, DSP and Low-Voltage ASIC Power