Microsemi SimpliPHY™ VSC8541 - Single-port Industrial copper GbE Ethernet PHY
SimpliPHY™, a new product family of single-port copper GbE and FE PHYs that addresses the need for a low-cost, simple to layout solution with small package footprint and parallel MAC interface, with a wide LVCMOS support (1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V).
Providing both managed and unmanaged options, the VSC8541 also supports SyncE and a new features like Start-of-Frame (SOF) that can enable a sub-1ns enhanced-accuracy 1588v2 PTP timing solution, Fast Link Failover 2 (FLF2™) Indicator, enhanced VeriPHY™ and 1000Base-T forced mode with Active Link Monitor, all operating over industrial temperature range.
- Lower BOM cost with inexpensive clocking options and conserve board real estate with small package sizes
- Actively monitor the quality of the line, even while carrying traffic
- Future-proof designs against interfacing SoCs/CPUs/ASICs that change over time with widest LVCMOS interface support in the industry
- Lower EMI/EMC with adjustable drive strength
- Act as a key element in a ns-accurate 1588v2 PTP timing system with built-in Start-of-Frame (SOF) measurement
- Achieve low single event upset (SEU) failure in time (FIT) rate of < 80 with low-alpha mold compound construction
- Factory and building automation
- Connected lighting
- Smart grid
- 2D/3D printers
- Intelligent transportation systems
- Network attached storage (NAS)
- Customer premises equipment (CPE)