NXP i.MX 6SoloX Applications Processor
Expanding the i.MX 6 series, the i.MX 6SoloX is a highly integrated multi-market applications processor designed to enable secure and connected homes and vehicles within the Internet of Things.
The i.MX 6SoloX applications processor is the first device in the market utilizing both the ARM® Cortex®-A9 and Cortex-M4 cores. Its heterogeneous asymmetric architecture provides the ultimate flexibility for customers by enabling a single-chip solution that can run sophisticated operating systems and provide real time responsiveness.
The i.MX 6SoloX incorporates four independently controlled resource domains for maximum effectiveness and security when portioning system resources such as memory and peripherals.
- Right-sized 2D and 3D graphics processing unit (GPU) for enhanced HMI development on small to medium size displays
- Flexible boot options, including support for DDR QSPI and raw NAND, and a memory controller that interfaces to both DDR3 and low power mobile DDR2 memory
- Secure boot, secure data storage, cryptographic accelerators, resource domain controller for isolation of system resources and secure messaging unit for Cortex-A9 and Cortex-M4 communications
- Smart integration of standard system interfaces, including multiple interface options for UI and wireless connectivity, such as SDIO and PCIe, to provide system design flexibility and low overall build of material (BOM)
- Dual-port gigabit Ethernet with audio video bridging (AVB) for quality-of-service in automotive and other applications with enhance traffic shaping and packet prioritization
- Factory, process and building automation
- Wearable medical devices
- Mobile patient care
- Activity and wellness monitor
- Industrial scanners and printers
- Home audio and appliances