QorIQ LS1043A/LS1023A Communication Processor
The QorIQ LS1043A processor is NXP’s first quad-core, 64-bit ARM®-based processor for embedded networking.
The LS1023A (two core version) and the LS1043A (four core version) deliver greater than 10 Gbps of performance in a flexible I/O package supporting fan less designs. This SoC is a purpose-built solution for small-form-factor networking and industrial applications with BOM optimizations for economic low layer PCB, lower cost power supply and single clock design.
The QorIQ LS1043A delivers a next-generation performance boost over dual core ARM 32-bit products such as the QorIQ LS1020A and the LS1024A processors. The LS1043A takes ARM processing performance to the next level with up to 4x 1.5 GHz 64-bit processors and a large 1 MB L2 cache for the best CPU performance per watt in the value-tier line of QorIQ communications processors. This powerful CPU complex is coupled with the proven offload engines of the QorIQ Data Path Acceleration Architecture (DPAA) to deliver 10 Gbps performance with minimal CPU overhead.
- Up to 4 ARM Cortex®-A53 cores: Best in class performance to power efficiency, engineered to deliver an estimated 15,000 CoreMarks® Total system power as low as 6 W for fan-less platform design
- Data path acceleration: Efficient packet classification and distribution; hardware work scheduling, shaping, and buffer management, off loading the general purpose processors to concentrate their processing cycles on value added operations.
- Integrated security engine (SEC 5.4): High speed security protocol processing, including IPsec, SSL, DTLS, and IKE. The SEC also supports high speed XORing for RAID 5 acceleration.
- Rich connectivity and peripheral features, including PCI Express Gen 2, USB 3.0, SATA 3, IFC, QuadSPI: High versatility that enables support for 802.11ac modules and high bandwidth connectivity for ASICs, 4G/LTE, SATA and low-cost NAND/NOR Flash. Multiple USB 3.0 for redundant WAN fail over, storage and configuration. Advanced XFI, Quad SGMII and 2.5G Over clocked SGMII support for maximum Ethernet flexibility.
- Integrated Services
- Branch Office Routers
- vCPE and other edge equipment
- Multi-protocol IoT gateways
- Industrial PLC & Control
- Security Appliances