ISOLATED AMPLIFIER FOR CURRENT SHUNT MEASUREMENT
The Si8920 is a galvanically isolated analog amplifier. The low-voltage differential input is ideal for measuring voltage across a current shunt resistor or for any place where a sensor must be isolated from the control system. The output is a differential analog signal amplified by either 8.1x or 16.2x.
The very low signal delay of the Si8920 allows control systems to respond quickly to fault conditions or changes in load. Low offset and gain drift ensure that accuracy is maintained over the entire operating temperature range. Exceptionally high common-mode transient immunity means that the Si8920 delivers accurate measurements even in the presence of highpower switching as is found in motor drive systems and inverters.
The Si8920 isolated amplifier utilizes Silicon Labs’ proprietary isolation technology. It supports up to 5.0 kVrms withstand voltage per UL1577. This technology enables higher performance, reduced variation with temperature and age, tighter part-to-part matching, and longer lifetimes compared to other isolation technologies.
- Low voltage differential input
- ±100 mV and ±200 mV options
- Low signal delay: 0.75 µs
- Input referred offset: 0.2 mV
- Gain error: <0.5%
- Excellent drift specifications
- 1 µV/°C offset drift
- 60 ppm/°C gain drift
- Nonlinearity: 0.1 % full-scale
- Low noise: 0.10 mVrms over 100 kHz bandwidth
- High common mode transient immunity: 75 kV/ µs
- Compact packages
- 16-pin wide-body SOIC
- 8-pin surface mount DIP
- -40°C to 125°C
- Motor Drive
- Solar Inverters
- Electric Vehicles/Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- High-Voltage Power Converters