We are conscious of the fact that our business goals have to be respectful of the environment and thus support a long-term environmental policy.
Avnet’s Green Vision
Avnet is committed to protecting the natural environment in the communities where it does business. Avnet will proactively promote the preservation and renewal of resources and will consistently practice socio-ecological responsibility in all of its corporate operations with a focus on continuous improvement in the interests of current and future generations.
We strive to use environmentally friendly methods for consumption and disposal of materials when performing our services.
Through a process of continuous improvement in all business areas we will constantly increase the environmental compatibility of our services. The compliance of the legal provisions is standard.
Environmental protection is a leadership responsibility. We support the creativity of our employees by informing, educating and motivating them so that they can deal competently and responsibly with the interpretation of the environmental guidelines.
The attainment of our environmental goals within the framework of the environmental management system will be regularly checked and the progress documented.
We encourage the environmental awareness of the society and seek open and factual dialog with the public. To this we inform our customers, suppliers and media about the environmental protection and also declare co-operation with authorities, associations and other institutions in these matters.
Avnet's Green Charter
1. Avnet incorporates its business principles and processes efforts to maintain and improve the environment through careful use of resources, avoidance of waste and responsible conduct in all environmental issues.
2 .Avnet will comply with all environmental laws and regulations as well as the requirements of customers and other business partners. Avnet will support business partners in achieving their regulatory objectives.
3. Avnet will establish ecologically responsible conduct as an integral element of its management review process and will define corporate goals for environmental protection.
4. Avnet will implement a documentation process for all environmental issues (related to its business activities) which facilitates reviews and audits whenever required.
5. Avnet will seek preferred partner status with suppliers and customers, based on its environmental strategy.
6. Avnet will include all employees and other major stakeholders in regular communication regarding its environmental efforts.